Length of Proposed Project: 12 months (July 1, 2018 – June 30, 2019)
Funding: The grant awards will range from $5,000 to $50,000 per year. Any one program is eligible to apply for funding for up to three years, contingent on successful project progress and funding availability.
Eligible budget items.
Community impact grants can fund but not limited too:
- Stipends for community residents with an active role in the proposed program
- Staffing costs, where the staff time reflected in the proposed program budget is exclusively dedicated to the project proposed
- Incentives for participants (i.e. grocery gift cards)
Community impact grants will not fund:
- The costs of existing programs already fully financially supported by the organization or another funder
- Capital expenditures
- Indirect costs that exceed 20%
Eligible Organizations: Organizations that have a 501(c)(3) designation or those with a 501(c)(3) fiscal sponsor.
Geographic Region: Any program impacting individuals in Norfolk, Suffolk, Essex and Middlesex county is welcome to apply. Programs with a focus in Roxbury, Dorchester, Mattapan and East Boston neighborhoods will be given priority due to our focus in our community needs assessment
Grant Focus Area
Proposal projects must focused on reducing cardiovascular disease and its risk factors and address social determinants of health in the greater Boston area and fall within one of the below areas
- Healthy Food Access/ Increased Consumption
- Blood Pressure Control
- Cholesterol Control
Award recipient organizations must participate in at least one of the following AHA initiatives and be willing to help contribute to building a culture of health in the Greater Boston Area.
- America Goes Red/National Wear Red Day (February)
- Workplace Health Solutions
- Check, Change, Control
- Target: BP
- Check. Change. Control. Cholesterol
- Heart Walk Team
Questions? Contact email@example.com